CreditSights logo
Forgot Password?

China General Nuclear

In 1979, China and Hong Kong established a joint venture to build and operate Daya Bay Nuclear Power Station in Daya Bay close to Hong Kong. This became China's first large commercial nuclear power station. In 1994, two nuclear power generating units of Daya Bay Nuclear Power Station started pilot operations. CGN was then established. In 2007, CGN's first wind power generation unit was commissioned in Jilin Province. In 2009, the company commenced the first solar power project in Gansu Province. Since 2007, CGN has acquired equity interests in companies and resources in Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Namibia, Australia, Malaysia, Canada and Sweden. In 2016, CGN entered into a blanket agreement with France's EDF and the UK government regarding the construction of new nuclear power stations in the UK. China's central SASAC owns 90% of CGN. The Guangdong government owns the remaining 10% via Guangdong Hengjian Investment Holdings Co. (12 Sep 2018)

Search Results

Excerpts only. To access full content please login or request a free trial.

Asia Corporate Recommendations: December 2018

Asia Corporate Recommendations: 03 Dec 2018, 4:09 AM ET - New initiations this month include Agile 2020, KWG 2020, and China State Construction International perp with Market perform. Downgrades include Everre 6.25% 2021, H&H 2021 and Vedanta 2023 from Market perform to Underperform.

Oil & Gas: Slashing Oil Outlook, Downgrading E&Ps

Sector Analysis: 26 Nov 2018, 4:48 AM ET - We believe the recent 33% drop in oil prices is likely to be just the first leg of a deeper decline.  We are reducing our 2019 oil price view and recalibrating our IG and HY E&P investment recommendations to a more defensive position.

Asia Corporate Recommendations: November 2018

Asia Corporate Recommendations: 01 Nov 2018, 4:38 AM ET - We lowered our recommendation on Anton Oilfield 2020 to Market perform. However, we upgraded our recommendations on a number of Chinese property bond issues and  initiated on the new Evergrande 2020 with an Outperform recommendation.

Asian New Issuance 9M18: Flight to Quality

Strategy Analysis: 04 Oct 2018, 3:09 AM ET - We expect high grade credits to sustain the issuance pipeline as we enter 4Q. Supply risk in high yield should moderate as many of the larger Chinese developers have used up their offshore issuance quotas for this year. 

Asia Corporate Recommendations: October 2018

Asia Corporate Recommendations: 01 Oct 2018, 4:59 AM ET - We assigned an Outperform recommendation to the CGN $ bond complex and Market perform recommendations to Country Garden's new 2022 and 2024 bonds. We also raised our recommendation on Baidu 2019 to Outperform. 

September 2018 Company Coverage Initiated

Company Coverage Initiated: 30 Sep 2018, 9:24 PM ET - Our monthly report provides executive summaries for the eight companies on which we launched coverage in Europe and Asia during the month of September.
Focused

China General Nuclear: Initiating Coverage

IG Note: 14 Sep 2018, 4:07 AM ET - We assign an Outperform recommendation to the CGN $ bond complex, based on our comparison with fellow Chinese nuclear power providers State Power Investment Corporation and China Huadian. 
Focused

China General Nuclear: $ and € Bond Roadshow

IG Note: 28 Aug 2018, 9:04 PM ET - The state-owned nuclear power company is meeting investors in Asia and Europe this week. 
Focused

China General Nuclear: Positive Moody’s Outlook

Worth Watching: 16 Aug 2018, 4:35 AM ET - China General Nuclear (CGN, A3/A-/A+). Moody's revised its outlook on CGN from Stable to Positive this afternoon and affirmed the A3 rating, which incorporates a 6-notch uplift for Chinese government support. The agency also changed the outlooks o ..

CreditSights 12th Annual European Conference

Announcement: 29 Nov 2016, 8:54 PM ET - Download our Conference Mobile App for our upcoming event on Friday 9th December 2016.

Using the New E-Mail Alerts System

Announcement: 18 Feb 2015, 11:28 PM ET - CreditSights launched its new beta e-mail Alerts system on  Mon, February 23rd. A new interface allows users to manage their e-mail  Alerts. This is a user guide for managing your e-mail Alerts in the new system.

Announcing CreditSights' New E-Mail Alerts System

Announcement: 12 Feb 2015, 11:27 PM ET - CreditSights announced the launch of its new beta e-mail Alerts system on Monday, February 23rd. Your previous e-mail Alert preferences will be carried over into the new beta e-mail Alerts system.

Request A Free Trial

CreditSights offers free trials to individuals in qualified institutions.

Sign up now >>

Refine Results